In the heart of the Southern Alps, in the Mercantour mountain range, less than a hundred kms from Nice and the Italian border, the international ski station, Isola 2000 offers 120 kms of ski slopes from 1800 to 2610 metres in altitude, guaranteeing both snow and sun.
Considered the top of ski stations in the Southern Alps, it is also a very popular summer resort which has a rich natural and cultural heritage with a multitude of activities for young and old alike.
Hotels in Isola 2000
The convenient ski area fans out above the resort to the south and west right up to the Italian border.
Beginners benefit from an excellent gentle plateau which stretches for almost five kilometres (three miles) alongside the main resort complex. Both sunshine and snowfall are guaranteed by the resort, which has held the French snowfall record on several occasions. Due to the high altitude, most of the terrain is above the treeline and on sunny slopes.
The main route up is via the gondola to Tete de Pelevos directly above the resort. This naturally tends to be the busiest. Some of the toughest runs, including black pistes in the Mene and St Sauveur areas, are usually quieter. The best intermediate skiing in the Genisserie sector is accessed by one of two high speed quad-bikes at the resort.
For the most advanced skiers and boarders, off-piste skiing is offered from February by the ski school. Although heli-skiing isn’t possible in France, the proximity to Italy means it is however possible to heliski, accessing slopes with at least 1400m verticals in Italy with the ski school and its guide-instructors right through into May when conditions are good.
Twice a week, during the French school holidays night skiing is organised on the Belvédère slope, free of charge.
Intermediate Skiers and Beginners
4 Black Runs (14km)
9 Red Runs (33km)
21 Blue Runs (59km)
7 Green Runs (14km)
120km Downhill Pistes
3km Cross Country Trails
24 Ski Lifts
770m Max Vertical
2610m Highest Lift
2000m Resort Altitude
1840m Lowest Piste
The resort of Isola 2000 has direct access to 120km of downhill skiing, with 47 individual pistes, served by 24 ski lifts.
The ski resort itself is above 1500m, so skiing or boarding back to the resort is usually possible. With pistes above 2500 metres, skiing and snowboarding is assured throughout the season.
Snowmaking :- Isola 2000 is able to augment natural snow, on 6km of ski runs, with 403 Snow Cannons.
Ski Lift Capacity :- The 24 Ski Lifts of Isola 2000 are able to uplift 20,000 skiers / snowboarders per hour.
Nearest Airport: Aéroport International Nice Côte d’Azur.
Tel. +33 (0)8 20 43 33 33
Train: SNCF to Nice-Ville.
From Nice station to Isola 2000, transfer with Santa-Azur coaches.
THOME Village taxis seat 1-7 people
Tel. +33 (0)4 93 02 44 91
or +33 (0) 08 46 32 39
Regular journeys from the bus station, SNCF station, and Côte d’Azur airport.
Make reservations with Santa Azur:
+33 (0)4 93 85 34 06 -www.santa-azur.fr
See timetables and fares:
> Winter > Summer
There is a facility for coach transportation for groups and associations.
Car hire in Nice
Car hire at Nice Côte d’Azur airport or the Nice SNCF station.
Tel. +33 (0)4 93 21 48 85 stipulate code
n° 99 55 606.
• Snowball Bar – Disco with bowling
• Discotheque Ice Klub – considered for its good music and its sympathetic environment, waits for you every evening of 11.00pm to spend the nights of madness until the early morning (closing with 5.00am).
• LE FRONT DE NEIGE IMMEUBLE LE MALINVERN 06420 ISOLA 2000 C7 sur le plan de la station
• Crocodile Club Tel : 04.93.23.18.80 If you wish to taste delicious cakes, pizza pies, couscous or panini, do not hesitate to go to this snack bar.Snack “Alloha 2000” – Tel : 04.93.23.17.77
• LE FRONT DE NEIGE IMMEUBLE LA MERCIER 06420 ISOLA 2000C6 sur le plan de la station
• Snack “Le Rendez Vous” – Mme BOUVET Gisèle – Snack bar offering fest restauration to taste on the large terrace at the edge of the tracks: sandwiches, frites?Tel : 04.93.23.10.04
• LE FRONT DE NEIGE IMMEUBLE LE TAVELS 06420 ISOLA 2000 C6 sur le plan de la station
• Snack “Alloha 2000” – If you wish to taste delicious cakes, pizza pies, couscous or panini, do not hesitate to go to this snack bar.Tel : 04.93.23.17.77
• LE FRONT DE NEIGE IMMEUBLE LA MERCIER 06420 ISOLA 2000 C6 sur le plan de la station